Reception Class - September 2020 - Infant Class Size Appeals
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on appeals
Democratic Services at Bristol City Council administer the appeal process for Cathedral Primary School.
Please note there are changes to the admission appeals regulations during the coronavirus outbreak.
To view the updated guidance notes click here
As a parent/carer you have expressed a preference to your home local authority regarding the school you would like your child to attend. However, if the year group applied for is oversubscribed and has reached its published admission number (PAN), the admission authority may not be able to meet your preference.
Please be aware there are very limited circumstances in which an infant class size appeal can be upheld. We advise you to read the attached Appeal Guidance (Infant Class Size) before completing an Appeal Pro forma. Should you choose to appeal;
- Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An appeal cannot be set up without your reasons in writing.
- Closing deadline for submission of appeals to the school – Wednesday 20th May 2020.
- Infant Class Size Appeals will be heard from early July 2020.
- You will receive notification of the date and time of your appeal at least 10 school days prior to your appeal.
- Any additional evidence you wish the panel to consider will need to be submitted at least 5 days prior to your appeal.
- You will receive written notification of the outcome of your appeal within five school days of the hearing, wherever possible.
For further information, please contact Mrs Juliet Turner, Admissions Officer, Cathedral Schools Trust on:
- 0117 353 5016