|Parents and Teachers Association (CPS PTA)|
A charitable organisation of committed parents and teachers dedicated to enriching the school experience of the children at Cathedral Primary School.
|* Cathedral Primary School PTA has three main goals|
- To help build a strong school community (link to events section)
- To enrich the education of the children at the school (link to education enriching section under fundraising)
To raise money to support the school (link to fundraising section – with our achievements and objectives)
|* How can I get involved?|
All parents are warmly invited to participate actively in the PTA, whether it's serving on the committee, planning activities or helping out at events. It is always great to have fresh ideas of what else we could be doing, so if you have any fundraising ideas please do get in touch.
We are limited this year due to Covid-19 and many of our face-to-face events won’t be running, so if you have socially distanced fundraising ideas please share them by contacting us on:
- Raise money whilst you shop - Easyfundraising gives FREE donations to our PTA every time you shop online – the scheme includes retailers such as John Lewis & Partners, Argos, eBay, Just Eat, Booking.com, Uswitch and more. - it takes 2 minutes to set up & encourage all parents who shop online to do so http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/cathedralprimaryschoolpta
- Bake / buy cakes for your year groups’ Friday Bake Sale.
- Become a class rep – help the PTA share information with parents in your class so they know what’s happening and when.
- Sign up to volunteer to help sell tickets, run stalls or be on the bar or serve food at the events.
- Attend PTA meetings to share your ideas or help make decisions.
- Share a skill that might be useful to the PTA – e.g. graphic designers can help with our publications / leaflets, chefs may volunteer to cater a pop up cafe night, artists/crafters could run a workshop.
- Share contacts of businesses or venues that may be able to help us.
- Source / donate prizes for raffles and events
- Donate to the PTA fund through our Just Giving page.
Being part of the PTA is a rewarding and fun way to contribute to, and be involved in, the School community. It gives you the opportunity to meet parents, to work as a team and to have the satisfaction of a child’s smile at the completion of successful events. We are ordinary parents and teachers who get together to do extraordinary things for the benefit of the children.
Here’s an overview of our achievements over the last few years and our goals for the future.
The focus of our fundraising over the past couple of years has been The Playground Appeal where we set the ambitious task of raising £20,000 to help build a brand new playground in College Square.
Supporting Forest School through cake sales and ice lolly sales.
Supporting each year group with a donation towards a 'wow day'
Supporting the school with its 2020 whole school focus on 'Excellence in English’ by funding high quality books.
We are in the process of working out what PTA events can look like this year and so currently have no dates finalised. Please watch this space for updates.
We hope to be able to get back to as soon as it is safe to do so.
|* Committee Members|
|Chair||Vice Chair||Vice Chair||Treasurer||Secretary|
|Vanessa Searle||Karen Norman||Al Norman||Mary Hodges||Cherene Whitfield|
|* PTA Meetings|
Treasurers & Chair's Reports 2019:
Treasurers & Chair's Reports 2020-21:
PTA Minutes from previous years:
|* Class Reps|
|Reception||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
Pop Class = TBC
Rock Class = TBC
Disco Class = Susan & Shahrin
Hip Hop Class = Zoe & Sherise
Jazz Class = TBC
Folk Class = Rebecca
Reggae Class = Stacey
Country Class = Zoe
|Year 4||Year 5||Year 6|
Soul Class = Laura
Motown Class = TBC
Opera Class = TBC
Blues Class = Elaine
Choral Class = Tara
|* Contacting the PTA|
Contacting the PTA:
Or contact the School office on:
Please click here for Committee Roles