Welcome to our Pastoral Care Web Page
At Cathedral Primary School we aim to support pupils to achieve their best educationally, socially and emotionally.
Pastoral Leader: Katherine Bailey
A Pastoral Leader is here to:
- Offer support
- Promote positive behaviour
- Identify the barriers to learning and set targets
- Offer encouragement and build self-esteem and confidence
The role of the Pastoral Lead:
- To support and work alongside parents in addressing pastoral concerns impacting on their child’s learning and development.
- To work with staff in ensuring good pupil support and build upon the caring and respectful relationships that exist between staff, pupils and families.
- To provide support for individual children; listening and talking to children who may need support in a variety of pastoral issues, for example, self-esteem and confidence, bereavement, managing feelings, anxieties/worries, separation and developing social and friendships skills.
- Responding to situations as they arise within school.
- Meeting with parents/carers to discuss issues relating to their child.
- To ‘signpost’ families to outside services for appropriate provision and support.
Who does the Pastoral Leader work with?
- Individuals and groups of children
- Teachers and other members of staff
- External agencies such as; Play Therapist, North Star Outreach, Social Services, Police, Health Professionals, Education Welfare Service, Families in Focus, Doctors and nurses.
Pastoral support mentor: Alex Lewis
Working alongside the Pastoral Lead is our Pastoral support mentor (PSM). She will be working with children in both key stages. This may include 1:1 check ins, social skills work, providing lunch time clubs and responding to situations as they arise within the school.
- Pupils – any child in the school can ask to speak to our Pastoral team if they have a problem or a worry at school or at home. They can do this by either approaching Miss Bailey or Miss Lewis or by asking a member of staff. A suitable time will then be arranged to meet.
- Parents/carers – if you have a pastoral concern regarding your child then you can phone the school, speak to your child’s class teacher or make an appointment to see Miss Bailey. Contact can be made through the school office or email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer activities in Bristol 2019